GET THE ANSWERS YOU NEED
Armed with answers to your allergy questions, you can be there for yourself and others.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief is an intranasal corticosteroid (INS) nasal spray that relieves nose-related and eye-related allergy symptoms.
As a nasal spray now available over the counter*, FLONASE® works right in the nose, and is minimally absorbed by the body.1
*FLONASE® Allergy Relief is behind the counter in Quebec. Availability varies by province. Please speak with your pharmacist.
1Sastre J, and Mosges R. Local and Systemic Safety of Intranasal Corticosteroids. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 22.1 (2012): n. pag. Web. 30 Sept. 2014. http://www.jiaci.org/issues/vol22issue1/1.pdf
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Itchy Nose and Throat
- Sinus pain and pressure
You may start to feel relief after the first day—and full effect after several days of regular once-a-day use.
Use FLONASE® Allergy Relief every day as full effectiveness is usually achieved after 3 or 4 days of continuous use. *
* Full effectiveness may be achieved once 2 or 3 days of treatment have been completed.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief works directly at the source, giving you 24 hour relief of your nose-related and eye-related allergy symptoms.
FLONASE® is meant to control your symptoms every day—all day and all night.
To help you get this lasting relief, it’s important to use FLONASE® regularly, once a day as directed.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief works best when you use it daily.
Adults 18 years of age and older:
Week 1 – use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily, preferably in the morning.
Week 2 through 3 months – use 1 spray in each nostril once daily, if your symptoms are under control.
After 3 months of daily use – ask your healthcare professional if you can keep using.
If you miss a dose, just use your regular dose the next day. Don’t add an extra dose to make up for it.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief is the first over-the-counter allergy nasal* spray that is indicated for both nose-related and eye-related allergy symptoms. FLONASE® helps relieve itchy and watery eyes.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief is for the treatment of allergy-related symptoms. FLONASE® provides relief of nasal congestion including sinus pain and pressure.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief helps relieve a broad range of symptoms from many allergens. FLONASE® helps with outdoor allergens such as weed pollen, grass pollen, tree pollen, and mold spores. It also helps with indoor allergens such as pet dander, house dust mites, and mold.
Serious side effects are rare with Flonase® Allergy Relief because Flonase® Allergy Relief works in your nose and nasal passages. Very little of it travels through your body. However, like all medicines, Flonase® Allergy Relief can cause side effects in some people.
The following are possible side effects you may feel when taking Flonase® Allergy Relief. If you experience any side effects not listed here, contact your healthcare professional.
WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
• A dry, irritated or burning sensation in your nose.
• Nosebleeds (you may also get streaks of blood when you blow your nose).
• Sneezing, runny nose, congestion.
• Soreness, or sores in your nose or mouth.
• Dry or irritated eyes, blurred vision.
• Unpleasant or change in sense of taste and/or smell.
• Sore throat, throat irritation, dryness, hoarseness or cough.
STOP TAKING THIS MEDICINE AND TELL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
• Constant whistling sound from your nose. This may be a sign of damage inside your nose.
• Slower healing of wounds. Do not use Flonase® Allergy Relief until your nose has healed if you have a sore in your nose, if you have surgery on your nose, or if your nose has been injured.
• Worsening of the symptoms of infections such as existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial or parasitic infections or herpes of the eye.
• Allergic Reactions: Chest pain or tightness, wheezing, coughing or having difficulty breathing, suddenly feeling weak or lightheaded (which may lead to collapse or loss of consciousness), swelling around the face, mouth or tongue, eyes or lips with difficulty swallowing, skin rashes (hives) or redness.
• Glaucoma: Increased pressure in your eyes, eye pain.
If you have a troublesome symptom or side effect that is not listed here or becomes bad enough to interfere with your daily activities, talk to your healthcare professional.
IF YOU USE MORE THAN RECOMMENDED
• Seek medical advice immediately.
* Additional possible side effects are listed in the product monograph.
Antihistamines, available in a tablet format, help control the release of histamine that is one of the inflammatory substances that cause allergy symptoms. FLONASE Allergy Relief is applied to the nose and works differently than an antihistamine. FLONASE is a nasal spray that works by helping to control 6 of the key inflammatory substances (including histamine) your body produces that cause allergy symptoms. *
*Mechanism vs. most OTC allergy pills. FLONASE® acts on multiple inflammatory substances (histamine, prostaglandins, cytokines, tryptases, chemokines and leukotrienes). The exact number and precise mechanism are unknown.
Please check with your healthcare professional if you should stop using an antihistamine, once FLONASE® Allergy Relief is started.
Adults 18 years and older for relief of seasonal and year-round allergy symptoms caused by pollen, mold, dust and pets.
FLONASE® Allergy Relief contains fluticasone propionate.
If you are 18 or older and have been using FLONASE® Allergy Relief daily for 3 months, check with your healthcare professional before continuing to use FLONASE® on a daily basis.
Under most circumstances, treatment with corticosteroids should not be stopped abruptly but tapered off gradually. Speak with your healthcare professional before stopping the use of FLONASE® Allergy Relief.
Allergens enter our bodies through our nose and trigger a response from our immune system. This results in the release of inflammatory substances that cause your allergic symptoms. FLONASE® Allergy Relief acts to control 6 of these inflammatory substances, including histamine, to treat your symptoms.