FLONASE® Allergy Relief temporarily relieves seasonal (e.g. hay fever) and year-round allergy symptoms caused by pollen, mold, dust and pets. It relieves these allergy symptoms:
Sinus pain and pressure
Itchy nose and throat
You may start to feel relief after the first day and full effect after several days of regular, once-a-day use.
ADULTS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
Week 1 – use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily, preferably in the morning.
Week 2 through 3 months – use 1 spray in each nostril once daily, if your symptoms are under control
After 3 months of daily use – ask your healthcare professional if you can keep using.
Only for use in the nose. Do not spray into your eyes or mouth.
To help avoid side effects and ensure proper use, talk to your healthcare professional before you take FLONASE® Allergy Relief. Talk about any health conditions you may have, including if you:
- Are pregnant (or planning to become pregnant).
- Are breastfeeding a baby.
- Take medicine for HIV infection (such as ritonavir).
- Suffer from severe liver disease.
- Have been exposed to chickenpox or measles.
- Have a problem with your thyroid.
- Have yellow or green discharge from your nose.
- Have a fever or a nasal or sinus infection.
- Are recovering from recent surgery, trauma or ulcers in your nose.
- Are taking or have previously taken other steroids either as an injection or by mouth.
- Have a blood clotting problem AND are taking Acetylsalicylic Acid (ASA).
You should tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including any drugs, vitamins, minerals, natural supplements or alternative medicines.
The following may interact with FLONASE® Allergy Relief:
|Medications that may interact with FLONASE® Allergy Relief|
|IF YOU'RE TAKING:||HERE'S WHAT TO DO:|
|Ritonavir (a medicine used to treat HIV infection or AIDS).||Talk to your health professional before your FLONASE® Allergy Relief.|
|Ketoconazole (a medicine used to treat fungal infections).||Talk to your health professional before your FLONASE® Allergy Relief.|
|Acetylsalicylic acid (a medicine for pain and fever relief).||Talk to your health professional before your FLONASE® Allergy Relief.|
Serious side effects are rare with FLONASE® Allergy Relief because FLONASE® works in your nose and nasal passages. Very little of it travels through your body. However, like all medicines, FLONASE® can cause side effects in some people.
The following are possible side effects you may feel when taking FLONASE®. If you experience any side effects not listed here, contact your healthcare professional.
WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
• A dry, irritated or burning sensation in your nose.
• Nosebleeds (you may also get streaks of blood when you blow your nose).
• Sneezing, runny nose, congestion.
• Soreness, or sores in your nose or mouth.
• Dry or irritated eyes, blurred vision.
• Unpleasant or change in sense of taste and/or smell.
• Sore throat, throat irritation, dryness, hoarseness or cough.
• Constant whistling sound from your nose. This may be a sign of damage inside your nose.
• Slower healing of wounds. Do not use Flonase® Allergy Relief until your nose has healed if you have a sore in your nose, if you have surgery on your nose, or if your nose has been injured.
• Worsening of the symptoms of infections such as existing tuberculosis, fungal, bacterial or parasitic infections or herpes of the eye.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM:
Talk to your healthcare professional if you experience:
• Cushing’s Syndrome: Rapid weight gain especially around the body and face; excess sweating; thinning of the skin with easy bruising and dryness; muscle and bone weakness.
• Decreased Adrenal Function: tiredness, weakness, nausea and vomiting.
• Osteonecrosis (tiny breaks in a bone leading to eventual collapse): Progressive or persistent pain or limited range of motion in a joint or limb.
• Psychological or Behavioural: Anxiety, depression or aggression, restlessness or trouble sleeping may occur, especially in children.
• Cataracts: glare, reduced vision.
STOP TAKING THIS MEDICINE AND TELL YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
• Allergic Reactions: Chest pain or tightness, wheezing, coughing or having difficulty breathing, suddenly feeling weak or lightheaded (which may lead to collapse or loss of consciousness), swelling around the face, mouth or tongue, eyes or lips with difficulty swallowing, skin rashes (hives) or redness.
• Glaucoma: Increased pressure in your eyes, eye pain.
If you have a troublesome symptom or side effect that is not listed here or becomes bad enough to interfere with your daily activities, talk to your healthcare professional.
IF YOU USE MORE THAN RECOMMENDED
• Seek medical advice immediately.